Whoa… Wait, that wasn’t supposed to sound as cynical as one might think.
Here are some of the things that I would like to achieve in 2014. More like goals than resolutions, I think it’s all about the things I need to start doing, keep doing and stop doing:
- Lifting weights. I have zero muscle tone. And all that holiday binge-ing left me pudgier than ever. Must. Exercise. Pronto.
- Adding more fruits and veggies in my diet. I officially started juicing veggies at home last Monday. I couldn’t substitute a meal with just juice yet but I have seen positive effects in the last 5 days. I’m not as crazy about soda as much as before and I feel so “clean” in the morning. <read between the lines>
- Doing Pilates again. I need to make time for Pilates. It’s going to be bikini season before we know it.
- Saving money. I am 31 years old and I haven’t started putting money away for retirement or emergencies.
- Drinking no less than 2L of water daily. This is something that I have done quite religiously in the last 5 years (more or less) although I have to admit that I am not as conscientious with this at home. SoI need to have a separate water bottle at home to remind me of my daily 2L requirement.
- Using up toiletries before buying new stuff. Yup, I think I was pretty successful at using up body lotion, shampoo, conditioner and face stuff down to the very last drop in 2013. Just one teeny-tiny addendum – no more impulse buying until I run out of stuff (keeps fingers crossed.)
- Washing my face, slathering on moisturizer and eye cream before turning in. I am not getting any younger so this is absolutely mandatory.
- Smoking. I couldn’t quit so abruptly but I have definitely cut back. Dramatically. I am down to around 4 sticks a day from nearly finishing an entire pack in 24 hours.
- Buying shoes. I have more pairs than I could ever wear. My Visa card is weeping.
- Buying cosmetics specifically lip products. Seriously. I haven’t used up any of my lipsticks in years because I have too many. I need to start on a project. One lipstick a day just so I’d be able to use them before they go bad.
- Procrastinating on writing blog entries. Haha! Enough said. 🙂